Views From the Baseline

I created this blog because I was posting entirely too much Tennis related comments on my Golf blog. I don't play Tennis either, but I do like to watch it.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

This is Absurd!

"Nikolay Davydenko, already at the center of a betting investigation, was fined $2,000 for lack of effort a loss at the St. Petersburg Open.

The ATP said Friday the fourth-ranked Russian was fined for lack of "best effort" in his 1-6, 7-5, 6-1 loss Thursday to Marin Cilic."

.......................Read the Rest by Clicking Here................

My Thoughts: The man plays darn near every single tournament on the schedule. He's tired for Pete's Sake. Why didn't anyone fine Nadal when he lost that final set to Federer before the French Open by not winning a single game? Are you telling me that was Nadal's best effort? To lose every single game in a set? On Clay? His favorite surface? I'm thinking Andy Murray's controversial comments might not be too far off the mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home