Views From the Baseline

I created this blog because I was posting entirely too much Tennis related comments on my Golf blog. I don't play Tennis either, but I do like to watch it.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Wimbledon so far...

Every time I turn the tv on to watch Wimbledon, it's women's tennis. And unfortunately, it's the same daggone match. Serena Williams vs whoever. I think there's a conspiracy afoot.

Anyway, I read today on the internet that Marion Bartoli defeated world #1 Justine Henin. I'm not a fan of the French, but during the French Open, Martina Navratilova criticized Bartoli's weight, so I was glad to hear that Bartoli will be in the final of Wimbledon. The article I read also said she saw Pierce Brosnan in the stands and decided that she wanted to play better. That was a cute anecdote.

A lot of grumblings about how the wimbledon people are scheduling the matches due to the rain. Considering I kept seeing the same people over and over, I might have to agree. Serena, Venus, and Andy Roddick. Hmmm.... coincidence that they are all Americans?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home