Views From the Baseline

I created this blog because I was posting entirely too much Tennis related comments on my Golf blog. I don't play Tennis either, but I do like to watch it.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

It Finally Happened

Well, Federer finally beat Nadal on clay today. But it makes me suspicious. Nadal took the first set rather easily. Then he dropped the next two, with no games won by Nadal in the final set. How can the King of Clay not win one single game in a set? This is what makes me suspicious. I think the match was fixed. I do believe Federer has improved on clay and that he is capable of winning against Nadal. But, the way it was done, I don't believe it. Nadal can't suddenly be that bad after being so good for these last few weeks.

Anyway, that's over now. Whoever that woman was who spoke during the award ceremony - the crowd in attendance didn't seem to like her. And they let everyone talk. I thought for sure they were going to let the custodians who clean the bathrooms talk before presenting the trophy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home