Views From the Baseline

I created this blog because I was posting entirely too much Tennis related comments on my Golf blog. I don't play Tennis either, but I do like to watch it.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Djokovic Wins Sony Ericsson Title

After listening to his acceptance speech, I think Novak Djokovic is a bigger Guillermo Canas fan than I am. It was really great to see two players so nice to each other and so gracious in their speeches.

The match itself seemed a lot tougher than what the score reflected, especially the second set which included a 20 minute game that featured something like 8 or 9 deuces.

Djokovic knows how to endear himself to the crowds. He gave away everything, hats, wristbands, rackets, and to top it off, he walked around shirtless there after the match, a sure way to gain the support of the female fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home